A tax-free savings account allows you to save up to R33 000 a year and up to a maximum of R500 000 in your lifetime. By taking advantage of a tax-free savings account, you can save for most of your life’s goals including your children’s education.
carefully selected investment portfolios
Your savings will not be taxed during the duration of your investment. This means that you do not pay tax on dividends, capital gains and interest or other income.
You can contribute to your investment whenever you choose to and can invest through a monthly debit order investment starting from R2 500 per month.
- All the investment returns in your account are completely tax-free
- Your money is always accessible, without any penalties
- You can benefit from the investment choice offered by Inkunzi Wealth Group.
- You can open a tax-free investment for minor children
- Only individual investors can open a tax-free savings account (not groups or companies)
What is a tax-free savings account?
A tax-free savings account allows you to invest in a range of unit trust funds without incurring any tax. Your money will not be taxed for the duration of your investment.
What are the benefits of a tax-free savings account?
- You do not pay tax on dividends, capital gains or interest.
- You may withdraw money from your investment at any time.
- Your money will be invested in a range of unit trusts suitable to your investment goals.
- You can open a tax-free investment for minor children.
How much can I save in a tax free investment?
You can start an investment by using a debit order or contributing a single lump sum. Annual contributions are limited to R33 000 (in aggregate during any year of assessment), with a lifetime contribution limit of R1 000 000.
Can I invest in a tax free investment for my children?
Yes, you can open a tax-free investment for minor children. If the investment is in your child’s name, the minor will use his/her own annual or lifetime limits.
Can I withdraw from my account?
You may withdraw money from your investment at any time. We encourage you to invest for longer to benefit from this product. Once you make a withdrawal the money cannot be replaced in the future, the R33 000 annual tax free allowance will still apply.